A Coalition of Sorts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Coalition of Sorts

A forum for the Kingdom of Loathing clan, A Coalition of Sorts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Icy Peak

Go down 
+2
qballdude
Elven Terror
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Elven Terror

Elven Terror

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2006-08-28

New Icy Peak Empty
PostSubject: New Icy Peak   New Icy Peak Icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2006 7:01 pm

What are your thoughts?

I personally preferred the old Icy Peak. It was much more reliable for meat farming. I guess the new features aren't terrible, but in my opinion, worse than before.
Back to top Go down
qballdude

qballdude

Number of posts : 41
Localisation : Planet Earth, Sol System, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe 3.14, Dimension 3
Registration date : 2006-08-29

New Icy Peak Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Icy Peak   New Icy Peak Icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2006 7:24 pm

I don't even know what the new Icy Peak is, thanks to account issues.
Back to top Go down
Toodles

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2006-08-27

New Icy Peak Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Icy Peak   New Icy Peak Icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2006 7:59 pm

Yeah I abosolutely HATE the new icy peak because it takes away from the meat from the yetis that used to always come up, but now there are weird monsters that don't give as much meat and its not worth adventuring there anymore. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
crayto

crayto

Number of posts : 13

New Icy Peak Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Icy Peak   New Icy Peak Icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2006 9:07 pm

I hate the new icy peak too. I only just became strong enough to fight the yetis without being severely damaged by them and now they add all this new stuff.
I didnt even get a chance to gain any meat Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
qballdude

qballdude

Localisation : Planet Earth, Sol System, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe 3.14, Dimension 3

New Icy Peak Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Icy Peak   New Icy Peak Icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2006 4:52 pm

It sounds like it's awful.
Back to top Go down
Toodles

New Icy Peak Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Icy Peak   New Icy Peak Icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2006 5:02 pm

Yeah, it is VERY awful, I wish they'd just change it back. Maybe we should flood Jick with messages to change it back. Smile
Back to top Go down
qballdude

qballdude

New Icy Peak Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Icy Peak   New Icy Peak Icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2006 7:33 am

That'll just get your adventuring privileges revoked. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Toodles

New Icy Peak Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Icy Peak   New Icy Peak Icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2006 4:29 pm

Don't worry, I didn't. Wink
Back to top Go down
Elven Terror

Elven Terror

New Icy Peak Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Icy Peak   New Icy Peak Icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2006 5:40 pm

Well, the new Icy Peak isn't BAD. Just worse than before. But still, I prefer there than say...Knob Goblin.
Back to top Go down
Toodles

New Icy Peak Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Icy Peak   New Icy Peak Icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2006 6:12 pm

Well it depends at how you look at it, but in my case, when I needed meat, I used to go there and kill knott yetis for 500 meat per monster until I got a lot of it, but now there is a much less chance of getting it! But I understand what you mean Elven Terror because there are some new items in there and new monsters that people might want.
Back to top Go down
Elven Terror

Elven Terror

New Icy Peak Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Icy Peak   New Icy Peak Icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2006 7:15 pm

Yeah, that's what I meant. While most will think of it as terrible, some people might like it better. I mean, the new stuff may be worse, but isn't useless.

Personally, the thing I dislike most about it is the time consuming Snow Queen fight. Sad
Back to top Go down
tabereins

Number of posts : 12

New Icy Peak Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Icy Peak   New Icy Peak Icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2006 9:18 pm

I think the castle in the sky might be the next best place to farm for meat. The giants give roughly 200-300 meat, and most items autosell for about 200, except warm subject gift certificates which can be used for 400-500 meat, and things like giant needles and wolf masks which are useful with pulverize and thus worth more.

I like using the hot cold running suit for the snow queen. the sword gives +3 hot and +3 cold, so it does +7 damage to the queen, and the ninja hot pants do +4 hot damage, which does +8 damage to the queen. So with the outfit you do 16 damage per attack which isn't too bad
Back to top Go down
Elven Terror

Elven Terror

New Icy Peak Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Icy Peak   New Icy Peak Icon_minitimeSat Sep 02, 2006 12:46 am

Hmm, I'll try the hot cold running suit I think. It's definitely better than waiting for my familiar to kill her.

But for now, I am still leveling my familiars, so this will not be an issue for a while.
Back to top Go down
crayto

crayto

New Icy Peak Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Icy Peak   New Icy Peak Icon_minitimeSun Sep 03, 2006 1:52 pm

Flaming talons are very helpful too. They do 5 melee damage and 5 hot damage. To a snow queen the talons would do a total of 15 damage.
Theyre also weak to spooky damage so having something like spooky glove and spiked femur helps too.
Back to top Go down
tabereins

Number of posts : 12

New Icy Peak Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Icy Peak   New Icy Peak Icon_minitimeSun Sep 03, 2006 3:38 pm

Minor nitpick - talons do +10 to the queen, as she is resistant to physical damage, and regardless of how much physical damage you shoud do, you do 1
Back to top Go down
RatherDashing

RatherDashing

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2006-09-06

New Icy Peak Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Icy Peak   New Icy Peak Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2006 2:18 pm

its a bummer that icy peak is no longer as good for meat farming, but you gotta love turkish delights...anyway, instead of returning it to its former state, jick just needs to add a new meatfarming site...
Back to top Go down
crayto

crayto

New Icy Peak Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Icy Peak   New Icy Peak Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2006 7:33 pm

the place best for meatfarming now would be the castle in the clouds in the sky but the monsters are stronger than the icy peak ones

tabereins: whoops i forgot bout that
Back to top Go down
Elven Terror

Elven Terror

New Icy Peak Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Icy Peak   New Icy Peak Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2006 11:06 pm

What stats would you say are good for farming the castle in the sky with a relatively low chance of death? >_>

I remember my icy peak farming char could take giants from there before I ascended, but with diffuculty.
Back to top Go down
Toodles

New Icy Peak Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Icy Peak   New Icy Peak Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2006 11:18 pm

Probably about 120ish plus bonuses for each stat to fight them I'm guessing.
Back to top Go down
RatherDashing

RatherDashing

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2006-09-06

New Icy Peak Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Icy Peak   New Icy Peak Icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2006 9:38 am

i love the avalanche though, since i'm a moxie race it bumps me up an entire stat point every time!! plus bean burritos are very useful food, esp for a teetolter
Back to top Go down
Toodles

New Icy Peak Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Icy Peak   New Icy Peak Icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2006 7:38 pm

Now that there are the 8 new zones, I'm wondering whether the haunted gallery or the haunted bedroom is able to get more meat or not, if not, then is the best place still the peak for money?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Icy Peak Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Icy Peak   New Icy Peak Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Icy Peak
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Coalition of Sorts :: Game Discussion-
Jump to: