A Coalition of Sorts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Coalition of Sorts

A forum for the Kingdom of Loathing clan, A Coalition of Sorts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Levels and Ascension

Go down 
+5
crayto
tabereins
Nugglehop
MissInnocent69
Ion Drone
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Ion Drone

Ion Drone

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2006-08-27

Levels and Ascension Empty
PostSubject: Levels and Ascension   Levels and Ascension Icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2006 9:17 am

*Crackle*

TRANSMISSION STARTED

"Hello again, I was just wondering how far on in the game people are. I am level 5 and have ascended once. During my first run I reached level 13. What level are you? Have you ascended?"

TRANSMISSION ENDED

*Crackle*
Back to top Go down
crayto

crayto

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: Levels and Ascension   Levels and Ascension Icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2006 2:41 pm

Ive ascended twice so far. Right now Im level 8 (I'll be level 9 by the end of today) and Im in hardcore mode.
Back to top Go down
Toodles

Number of posts : 102

PostSubject: Re: Levels and Ascension   Levels and Ascension Icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2006 5:53 pm

I just killed the naughty sorceress today, and I'm level 13 and probably going to ascend for the 1st time on the next moxie day.
Back to top Go down
MissInnocent69
Admin
MissInnocent69

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2006-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Levels and Ascension   Levels and Ascension Icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2006 8:59 am

Well, I should be much farther than I am, but since I quit playing for a span of several months during school last year, I am only at level 19 on my main character, sadly. But I've ascended once on one of my multis and I'm about to ascend with the other. I'd like to ascend with my main account, but I really can't be away from my meat and items for 600 turns while I'm running the clan giveaways Neutral besides, this gives me a chance to get the bouquet of hippies trophy at least
Back to top Go down
https://acoalitionofsorts.forumotion.com
Elven Terror

Elven Terror

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2006-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Levels and Ascension   Levels and Ascension Icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2006 11:06 am

I am currently level 11, first playthrough. =/
Back to top Go down
Nugglehop

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2006-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Levels and Ascension   Levels and Ascension Icon_minitimeTue Aug 29, 2006 1:53 am

I am a level 12 Seal Clubber, and I dont plan on ascending. I have beat the sorceress, but for now I think I will just have fun and adventure and try to collect things. Right now I am collecting Spooky Mushrooms. I have almost 900 right now.
Back to top Go down
qballdude

qballdude

Number of posts : 41
Localisation : Planet Earth, Sol System, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe 3.14, Dimension 3

PostSubject: Re: Levels and Ascension   Levels and Ascension Icon_minitimeTue Aug 29, 2006 5:12 pm

I'm a Level 5 Disco Bandit, but that's because my Level-30 (Or was it 40? Somewhere around there...) Seal Clubber was deleted due to inactivity.
Back to top Go down
tabereins

Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: Levels and Ascension   Levels and Ascension Icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2006 12:37 am

I'm level 12. I haven't ascended on this account, because this account is my multi that exists to see the tuesday updates while my main hardcore ascends. My main is currently a level 4 accordian thief with 21 ascensions
Back to top Go down
qballdude

qballdude

Localisation : Planet Earth, Sol System, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe 3.14, Dimension 3

PostSubject: Re: Levels and Ascension   Levels and Ascension Icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2006 1:25 pm

21? Wow, that's a lot.
Back to top Go down
tabereins

PostSubject: Re: Levels and Ascension   Levels and Ascension Icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2006 2:50 pm

I was around when ascension rolled out more than a year ago, so that's an average of 20 days per ascension, which isn't exceptional.

though my average is brought down by my 158 day ascension when I lost interest in the game for awhile.
Back to top Go down
qballdude

qballdude

PostSubject: Re: Levels and Ascension   Levels and Ascension Icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2006 7:27 pm

You keep track of an average ascension rate?
Back to top Go down
crayto

crayto

PostSubject: Re: Levels and Ascension   Levels and Ascension Icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2006 9:10 pm

My quickest ascension is only 13 days which i know isnt that good. Well im still learning more about the game and hopefully i'll get better
Back to top Go down
tabereins

PostSubject: Re: Levels and Ascension   Levels and Ascension Icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2006 9:41 pm

qballdude wrote:
You keep track of an average ascension rate?

no, I just took the number of ascensions done (21), and divided by the number of days since ascended rolled out (roughly 400). I did this because I thought that would make my of "I have a lot of ascensions because I have been around awhile, not because I am the second coming of Bashy." point more clear.
Back to top Go down
qballdude

qballdude

PostSubject: Re: Levels and Ascension   Levels and Ascension Icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2006 4:51 pm

Yes, it would.
Back to top Go down
RatherDashing

RatherDashing

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2006-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Levels and Ascension   Levels and Ascension Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2006 2:20 pm

i've ascended once and am doing a very slow disco bandit ascesion now, (currently level 9) because i'm still getting used to the complexities of moxie as opposed to the simpleness of seal clubbers
Back to top Go down
Elven Terror

Elven Terror

PostSubject: Re: Levels and Ascension   Levels and Ascension Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2006 3:53 pm

Just ascended, level 7 Disco Bandit right now. I still need like 450 adventures to get through ronin though. Bah.
Back to top Go down
crayto

crayto

PostSubject: Re: Levels and Ascension   Levels and Ascension Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2006 6:17 pm

I just finished hardcore.
I messed up a couple of days in frusteration because i couldnt get a goblin elite helm though.
Back to top Go down
Elven Terror

Elven Terror

PostSubject: Re: Levels and Ascension   Levels and Ascension Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2006 5:49 pm

Just left ronin! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
crayto

crayto

PostSubject: Re: Levels and Ascension   Levels and Ascension Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2006 8:59 pm

its been a while since i added to this. Now ive ascended 5 times and i just left ronin on my 5th day on this run. Im lvl 10 at the moment but im expecting to ascend in 2-3 days
Back to top Go down
Toodles

PostSubject: Re: Levels and Ascension   Levels and Ascension Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2006 10:42 pm

I'm now a level 14 disco bandit that is probably going to change classes after the next ascension after I get the highest familiar gro-terrarium trophy (is it 300 or 500? I can't remember of the top of my head...), and the 1000 trip shore trophy. Crayto, are you telling us that you ascend in 7-8 days?
Back to top Go down
RatherDashing

RatherDashing

PostSubject: Re: Levels and Ascension   Levels and Ascension Icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2006 11:16 am

i put a similar question in the message board, but just in case--i just ascended as a TT, and would like some advice kmailed me if anyone wants to...just advice on what type of weapons and attacks are best, also advice about inside degrassi knoll
Back to top Go down
MissInnocent69
Admin
MissInnocent69

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2006-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Levels and Ascension   Levels and Ascension Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2006 4:33 pm

The highest familiar trophy is Black Hole Terrarium at 500lbs Smile
Back to top Go down
https://acoalitionofsorts.forumotion.com
Toodles

PostSubject: Re: Levels and Ascension   Levels and Ascension Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2006 6:30 pm

Yeah, realized that a few days after posting, but thanks anyway.
Back to top Go down
crayto

crayto

PostSubject: Re: Levels and Ascension   Levels and Ascension Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2006 8:50 pm

er yeah i did ascend in 7-8 days. Im getting alot better at it. My best so far is a 6day ascension and ive ascended 7 times now.
Back to top Go down
Toodles

PostSubject: Re: Levels and Ascension   Levels and Ascension Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2006 9:06 pm

Ah, the record is I think 1 or 2 days, although I have no idea how they
do it (I think the movie is on the kol.coldfront.net page). But nice
job anyways!
Back to top Go down
crayto

crayto

PostSubject: Re: Levels and Ascension   Levels and Ascension Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2006 9:41 pm

I think i remember how they do it. I read a bit of stuff on the KoL wiki when i was bored
They use skills like lunging thrust smack and eye of the stoat to do heavy damage and never miss. They prolly know how to use adventures wisely and try not to waste any. They also got very expensive items that raise monster levels so they could gain exp faster. One was a stainless steel item i think. The main one was the hockey stick of furious rage that was an ultra rare and costs dozens of millions. They were able to achieve a single day ascension
Back to top Go down
RatherDashing

RatherDashing

PostSubject: Re: Levels and Ascension   Levels and Ascension Icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2006 12:41 pm

recently there was a 2 day hardcore oxygenarian...also recently someone killed the tower monsters with normal attacks, not special itmes, it took a long time tho
Back to top Go down
Toodles

PostSubject: Re: Levels and Ascension   Levels and Ascension Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2006 8:11 pm

Now I'm second in terms of levels in our clan (now level 18!), and 2nd in terms of moxie (I'm catching up on you, MissInnocent69!) because I've been trying to get the big boat trophy before I ascend as either a hardcore seal clubber, or a hardcore pastamancer, either way, I might go oxygenerian because I won't have much time for kol.
Back to top Go down
Toodles

PostSubject: Re: Levels and Ascension   Levels and Ascension Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 8:36 pm

Almost done with hardcoreoxy (man, some of those quests are pains without the mall, and I miss going to the mall and trade channel to make meat Sad), level 9 at the moment, but still got white citadel and dictionary quest to do.
Back to top Go down
RatherDashing

RatherDashing

PostSubject: Re: Levels and Ascension   Levels and Ascension Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2006 1:16 pm

levels don't seem to be an accurate way of determining success--since a veteran of three years on kol could have ascended and be level one--i think the profile shoud show TOTAL times leveled up, next to number of ascensions...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Levels and Ascension   Levels and Ascension Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Levels and Ascension
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Coalition of Sorts :: Game Discussion-
Jump to: